Most skin whitening products require application once or twice a day, usually in the evening. These products have to be used on the darkened area of the skin. It’s best to use the brightening products once a week or a couple of weeks to maintain the results.
How to get rid of melanin?
Melanin gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes. Humans usually have around the same number of melanin. However, some people have more than others, and that causes darker skin. Also, sometimes melanin is built up in some part of the body and leads to darker skin tone, knows as hyperpigmentation.
Melanin can be reduced in a few ways, such as:
- Laser therapy – a pulse of light removes top layers of skin. There are several types of lasers:
- Ablative lasers- remove outer skin layers and are great for severe discoloration.
- Nonablative lasers- heat and destroy the melanin.
- Q-switched ruby laser (QSRL)- heats and dissolves the skin.
- Topical creams and pads – treatments decrease existing melanin on the application area. Typically, skincare products are used two times a day, in the morning and the evening.
- Skin bleaching cream- smooths, hydrates, and renews skin to reveal a lighter skin tone.
- Anti-pigmentation peel pads- reduce the clogged pores, acne breakouts, dark spots while promoting cell turnover making the skin supple, smooth, and glowing.
- Oral pills – capsules are taken inside to improve skin from within. Take two capsules daily to reap all the benefits.
- Glutathione whitening pills- brighten the skin and maintain even tone skin while decreasing the appearance of dark spots and acne scars.